Becoming Evidence-Based: a Step by Step Approach
Do you believe your program is effective? What does it take to get on an “effective programs” list? In this webinar, we will discuss the process of becoming evidence-based, with a focus on child and youth-serving organizations. What steps must your program go through to reach the point at which independent evaluations can be done to assess whether the program works? How do you make sure it can produce sustainable results over time? Experts from Child Trends – Kristin Moore, Martha Beltz, and Vanessa Sacks – will explain the process, and Dominique Bernardo will illustrate with real-life examples from Congreso de Latinos Unidos. The panel will walk through assessing needs and selecting or developing an appropriate intervention, program implementation and ongoing performance management, and external evaluations. We will address questions like:
- What are the steps in the process of becoming evidence-based?
- What are appropriate and realistic outcomes for child and youth-serving agencies?
- What is the role of ongoing performance management in program implementation?
- When is the right time to bring in external evaluators for an independent study?
Join us to explore a positive and cost-effective path to evidence-based programming. For those familiar with the “Performance Imperative,” this event offers an in-depth look at pillars #6 (internal monitoring for continuous improvement) and #7 (external evaluation for mission effectiveness). The speakers will take questions from the audience.
- Dominique Bernardo, CFO, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
- Kristin A. Moore, Senior Scholar & Director of Youth Development, ChildTrends
- Vanessa H. Sacks, Senior Research Analyst, ChildTrends
- Martha Beltz, Research Analyst, ChildTrends
- Ingvild Bjornvold - Director of Strategic Initiatives, Social Solutions; PerformWell Team